Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Drive-in Movies

...yes. They still exist.

I love the retro Americana vibe you get when you visit one. I've recently started attending them over a year ago, and frankly I'm hooked. I frequent them more often than I do regular movie theatres, which are less intimate and charge too much for popcorn. I mean, you get to go to the movies in your pajamas! In fact, you can fill up the entire car with blankets, pillows and stuffed animals as I personally enjoy doing. Not to mention it's easier to sneak food in (bags and bags of it, I might add), and you can be as loud as you want without disturbing the neighbors. It's also cheaper; the one I usually go to is $8 per person and is a double feature. Movies with your date and nights out with close friends will no longer be clichéd and boring.

Not to mention afterwards the 3am, calm and tranquil drive home, allowing you to relax and collect your thoughts.

.........Unless of course, your car battery dies, which has happened to me before.

(Fyi, for those living in Washington state, there are still quite a few drive-in movies. I personally go to the Valley 6 Drive-in in Auburn, since it's close to my house. Here's a complete list of them all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment