Monday, October 25, 2010

I've got a secret

I confess. I have a borderline obsession for lingerie. Not just in general, but for the kinds that you impulsively buy and never use because it's too sexy for everyday wear, and you just end up keeping it in your drawers for God knows how long. Maybe if you're lucky, you'll use it a couple times for a date or two. But honestly, I can't get enough of it! Who can? What woman can resist the allure, the seduction, that assaults her visuals when she walks by a Victoria's Secret store? How can anyone fight the plethora of lace and frills that "inspires a thousand fantasies?"


I didn't start bra shopping on my own until I was about 15 years old. Back then, I thought you had to be a certain type of woman to be able to grace the lingerie stores. The kind who constantly had men eating out of the palm of their hands and knew every trick in the book on the art of attraction. My first visit to Victoria's Secret was rather intimidating, because to me, underwear stores were equated to sex shops such as Lover's Package (yeah, I know...). I remember my very first purchase being some lotion, because I was overwhelmed with the entire store in general. Mind, you, I had a very sheltered childhood and back then, never had a boyfriend. Can you blame me for being absolutely terrified?

I couldn't muster up the courage to go and buy an actual bra until a few visits later. It was something very basic, no lace, push-up, in black. However, that little black bra triggered something in me; suddenly, I wanted more. I wanted lace. I wanted frills. I wanted sexy. I would save up whatever money I had to buy more--push-up, demi, balconette, strapless, you name it! I wanted all of it! I then broadened my horizons by looking in the panty section, taking advantage of those 3 for $30 deals to their full extent. I remembered how mother would always scold me when I returned home from shopping carrying one of those iconic, bright pink VS shopping bags, but honestly, I was damn happy with myself. Whenever I walked into that store, picked out something I liked, then bought it, I felt like a woman. A sexy woman. An enchantress, if you may.

Along with basic bra and undies, I think every woman should have something sexy in their lingerie drawer. It doesn't matter whether you have a significant other or are sexually active, just having a risqué little number hiding underneath your jeans and t-shirt just makes life a little more fun, you know? You've got a secret that you're hiding from the world, and no one gets to know what it is!

By the way, check out this sexy little thing. Isn't it beautiful? They've even got an entire set of this theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment