Saturday, January 15, 2011

dog days are (long) over

I just realized that of all the things there are to blog about, I chose to talk about the weather. Stupid, huh?


Yeah, I know, it's January, and the dog days of summer have long been gone. But for some reason, I, the anti-sunshine vampire lady, have been hit hard with the winter blues. Already. Problem is, winter "officially" started December 21st, not even a month ago. What am I going to do for the next 6+ months while I sit here and wait for the sun to finally show itself again?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person around here who misses sunlight, 80-degree weather, wearing dresses, tropical smoothies, driving with the windows down, bikinis, and lazy days at the beach. A lot of you know me as a winter child who loves playing in the snow and cuddling by fireplaces and drinking hot chocolate and avoiding the sunlight like the plague, but in reality, the grass is always greener on the other side for me. When it's spring, I want fall. When it's winter, I'll occasionally want summer. Maybe it's just my natural disposition of living in constant dissatisfaction, maybe I just get bored easily. Who knows.

Well, I'm already making plans for this summer. None of them have been made tangible, however, and only exist in my head. First of all, that perfect Victoria's Secret bikini body isn't gonna work itself. I'm starting now, so by the time summer rolls around, I'll be smokin' hot. Second of all, roadtrips. Vacations. Weekend getaways with friends. Hiking trips. They will happen. Getting a job will be completely crucial, but I'll make it work. In order for me to really enjoy summer, I have to keep myself busy. I actually hate having so much idle time. I was already having some trouble fighting off boredom during my two weeks of winter break, and don't even get me started on last summer. I pretty much sat and decomposed. It was terrible.

But Megan, you say, summertime is about laziness. What's wrong with you?

I don't know, but I'm already looking for that perfect bikini ♥



Then again, during the summer I tend to complain about the weather as well. It never ends, huh? But I suppose that's what I like about having four seasons.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment