Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do these pants make my butt look obvious?

Lululemon Athletica is pure evil.

While browsing the shops at Ala Moana mall during my trip to Honolulu, I happened across a lululemon store, and curiously peeked inside. Since I've signed up for a pilates class next quarter, I thought it would be wise to invest in a good pair of yoga pants.

I paid $49.98 for my pilates class.

Lululemon yoga pants are $98.00.

I don't understand.

So instead, I marched straight into Gilly Hicks and bought some nice, good quality pants that I found in the clearance section...for $13.90.

Take that, capitalism.

However, what confuses me the most is the cult that has now developed behind the whole concept of yoga. I mean, I have nothing against those who practice it, but seriously? Why do people feel the need to wear their silly little yoga pants everywhere they go? Is it just pure laziness, or a desperate cry of, "ooh, look at me, America! Look, I'm healthy! I do yoga! See these pants? It means I'm a yogi! That's a person who does yoga, if you didn't know. That also means I'm in shape! Watch me in my overpriced lululemon pants while I snack on a Kashi Go-Lean bar and sip my thermos full of green tea! All organic, too!"

I hate America sometimes.



Not gonna lie though, I'm really excited for my superhot pilates abs. God knows my midsection needs some definition. 


Also, I have nothing against Kashi bars and green tea. I find them to be very delicious and healthy treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment